typewriters

typewriters

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Check It Out!

I'm being published again :)

If you've been following me for a while, you know that I love Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores by Jen Campbell. Coming from someone who used to work in a bookstore, it brings back some great memories. Okay, some not-so-great memories, too, but there are some really funny, weird things that happen in bookstores that you never anticipate when you submit your resume. If you want to take a look at some of those funny stories, check them out here and here.

After I read the immensely fun book (several times, in fact), I emailed Jen Campbell to tell her how much I loved it and I started following her on Facebook. When in the last year she asked for some contributions regarding bookstores, I thought, "Why not?"

When Prescott, AZ, lost our Barnes&Noble, we got an indie bookstore called Peregrine Book Company. While I could have written about plenty of lovely bookstores I've been to -Powell's Books in Portland, Insatiables in Port Townsend, Vroman's in Pasadena, Bookman's all over Arizona, or Changing Hands in Tempe- I thought that it would be an interesting angle to discuss the transition from one store to another store, especially when it was a transition from a corporate store to an indie store.

The book my piece is featured in is called The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell and is expected to be out in October in the UK. Check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment