typewriters

typewriters

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dear Rejection Letter

Dear Rejection Letter,

Yeah, you suck, too. Now that's been said, let's see where we both stand.

Lorian Hemingway said she was impressed with my accomplishments and that I was still a winner even though it admittedly sounded cliche. The Lunch Ticket said that they know that rejection letters are part of the process and hope that I find a home for my piece. The River Styx said they received so many good poems that they didn't know what to do with them all. Form letter? Maybe. Nice things to say because they rejected my work? So what.

I might have logged into my Submittable account and seen a running list of my poems and stories that have been rejected, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop there, but you, rejection letter, have no where to go from here. So you might feel powerful right now, words of discouragement or empty inspiration, but that power will fade and I will prevail.

Sincerely and With Tenacity,
Kristen Kauffman
Fighter
Pursuer
Will not take no for an answer


No comments:

Post a Comment